Wednesday, April 30, 2008

was that joy?

Joy, indeed. I hadn't felt it in a while, but it was here today. One exam, 40 hours, and lots of packing left and I am done with my first year of college. Away from Campbell I'll speed. I can not wait to get out of this place. I love my dear roomie but not this box we call a room, not this place they call college, and not this 80 mile from home thing. I need my job back, I need my family back. I long to return to what was "normal" a year ago. But I don't think thats the way life goes.

I suppose this will be my last blog as a college freshman, and though I like to complain about it a lot, if I was being honest I would say it was rather enjoyable. I was blessed with an amazing roommate who has grown into my best friend, and for that I am incredibly thankful. We have made so many memories, really good ones, laugh-till-you-cry-funny ones. Life in this "box" has been good. I am also so thankful for a daddy willing to pay for gas for me to drive home every weekend.

But back to the joy part...that (going home!!) is only the beginning of what has my day so glorious thus far. After a lazy morning and an amazing afternoon nap, we did some packing and then headed to Dunn. Washed my car at a sketchy car wash, went to Wal-Mart, visited the coolest nursery where I bought some pretty neat Crocs, then to our Dunn favorite: Cracker Barrell. And ate for free. Talk about exciting. haha. It was simply a great night with the roomie. Well, until i was "beasted" in a game of checkers outside and corrected by an older man when I asked for his opinion on some rules of the game. Marah liked that one right much. Today was just peaceful, slow-paced amazing day. I got to spend time thinking and reading the Word this morning which I was in desperate need of. Summed up, today was a breath of fresh air.


And as I end this, I'm sad. Story of my life. Oh, what is wrong with me?
I'm growing up. Life is changing and so are the people in my life. And I don't like it one bit. Ahh but thats another blog entry for another day. I'm listening to "Everything Changes" by Staind, which is amazing, but not contributing to my mood. And now "Wait for You" playing. Oh dear.

Thats all. I must go to sleep now. Raven Rock Park early in the morning!

-Jordan

No comments: